This Designing your gym class lesson plan also includes:
Get the scoop on designing your own gym class with a instructional activity written by a passionate physical education teacher who details their best practices from setting up the room, to the first day of class, to how to spend the teaching day.
- Refresh your gym classroom every so often to keep the atmosphere engaging
- Speak with your school's special education coordinator as well as other teachers to gain important information about learners coming to your class
- Use positive words instead of negative ones when directing behavior; for example, "Keep off the scooter" instead of "No stepping on the scooter"
- The duration reflects how long one period may last; the time may differ depending on your school's bell schedule
- Provides multiple links for additional information, lessons, and activities
- Offers a thorough explanation for each topic
- Encourages physical fitness