This Determination of the Acid Content of Vinegar (Acid-Base Titration Analysis) lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Titration sounds impressive, but it is actually as simple as using a neutralization reaction to determine the concentration of an acid or base in a reaction. The final instructional activity in the seven-part series walks scholars through the titration process to determine the acid content of vinegar.
- Pre-teach titrations and walk through a few practice equations before starting the experiment
- Follow all safety guidelines as some chemicals are irritating to skin and eyes
- Requires prior knowledge of chemical equations
- Provides a data table on the student worksheet
- Offers background information for pupils including new vocabulary