This Determine the Best Deal By Comparing Equations video also includes:
Now that you've taught constant of proportionality, can your mathematicians figure out which item has a better cost based on its equation? The first video in the series introduces the constant, while this video practices using it with a situation. The three different candy cost equations are put into a table and graph to show the best deal with different amounts of candy. There is a quick review of decimals beforehand to emphasize the importance of place value.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Uses a table and graph to organize data
- Extension activities include writing activity to explain how to find the best deal
- Use slides for more practice and quick quiz
- Does not teach how to find the constant of proportionality, use prior video for more explanation