This Determine the Meaning of Words by Comparing Denotative and Connotative Meanings video also includes:
Use an informative video about denotative and connotative meanings in your lesson about word choice and figurative language. The video focuses on the informational text "Girl Power" and shows sixth graders how to use word meanings to determine the author's purpose and tone. At 11 minutes long, the video might be best when broken into parts throughout a reading or writing lesson.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Easy to understand
- Strategies are helpful for any text, informative or narrative
- Fits into a series about the same text
- A little long (11 minutes)
- Doesn't provide full text