This Determine the Unit Rate of a Proportional Relationship Using a Graph video also includes:
Unit rates are all around us: price per pound, servings per day, miles per hour. In this video, watch how different graphs display proportions as linear functions. Have your learners organize the data into a chart to calculate the unit rate. The video uses the multiplicative inverse to find the unit rate, but some learners may prefer division.
- This is the third video in a four-part series, use the additional for more practice
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Reviews the importance of starting the graph at the origin for a proportion
- Use notes template provided as graphic organizer
- Some of the examples are not realistic unit rates; for example, 1 1/2 eggs to 1 stick butter
- No additional examples provided