This Día de los Muertos Teacher Packet lesson plan also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Learn about Dia de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead, through authentic vocabulary activities, creating Papel Picado, creating Calavera masks, and making skeleton puppets. Designed to be adaptable to many grade levels, you'll find background information as well as templates for these projects.
- Use the coloring pages as classroom decoration, encouraging artists to design them using traditional colors, glitter, etc.
- There is a strong religious theme within the vocabulary and activities; be sure to go over it before presenting to your class
- Skeleton template is easy to cut out and assemble
- Papel Picado activity comes with extensive background information
- The Calavera mask template is cut off, but these are easy to find on the web