Learning about probability is as easy as rolling dice. Young mathematicians conduct a probability experiment by rolling pairs of dice. Using spreadsheets, they calculate the empirical probability of certain events.
93 Views 149 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Team up with a computer science teacher for the activity
- It is helpful if learners have experience with spreadsheet programs, such as Excel
- Each pupil or group of pupils will need a set of dice
- Very detailed, step-by-step instructions make this lesson a breeze
- Integrates technology into the classroom
- No worksheets or handouts to cement the concept