This Discovering Trigonometric Ratios lesson plan also includes:
Are there equivalent ratios in right triangles? The discovery lesson plan has the class find the ratios of sides of right triangles with equivalent angle measurements. Using these ratios, pupils discover that particular ones are the same, introducing them to the trigonometric ratios. Learners use this information to calculate unknown angle measurements in right triangles.
- Use other angles within triangles to see if the prediction holds
- Encourage class members to mark adjacent and opposite sides on the diagrams for each angle
- Groups need centimeter rulers and scientific calculators
- Includes a worksheet designed for an accommodation
- Provides suggestions for extensions