This resource also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Developing fluency with long division is a big step in the education of young mathematicians. With the support of base ten blocks, learners deepen their understanding of the operation in this elementary math lesson. Although it indicates students should have prior knowledge with the long division algorithm, base ten blocks can also be used to build an understanding of division prior to introducing the algorithm. Despite being designed for fifth graders, this lesson can be easily adapted to support younger students with developing an understanding of division.
- Guided practice questions include division word problems
- Learners are given a chance to work collaboratively to solve problems, sharing their solutions with the rest of the class
- Presents five clear steps for children to follow when modeling division with base ten blocks
- Hyperlink to homework assignment is broken