This DNA Extraction lesson plan also includes:
In order to alter DNA, scientists need to understand that DNA first. Here pupils learn how to extract DNA from an organism. By completing the activity, learners understand where to find DNA and the components that protect it. They even have a sample of DNA to take home with them! This is the sixth lesson in a series of 30.
- Use the assessment questions as note-taking prompts
- Activity requires a significant amount of materials and prep work
- Prior to the lesson, learners should have an understanding of buffers and dehydration
- Provides modification suggestions
- Comes with both PDF and document version to allow for editing