This Do They Match?—Using Cubes and Isometric Drawings lesson plan also includes:
Salt and sugar look the same but taste very different! Scholars learn that while isometric drawings look the same, it doesn't mean they are the same. They begin by determining if two constructions are equivalent or not. Then, they learn to draw multiple structures that have the same isometric drawings but are actually different.
- If scholars are still having difficulty with part A, try having them create the figures with physical cubes
- Relate the perspective discussion to other subjects such as history or science
- Assumes comfort using the isometric drawing tool online
- Lesson fits as the second installment of a six part unit
- Includes three questions for teacher reflection to improve future instruction
- Provides student questions and sample answers