This Do You Measure Up?—Measuring Up lesson plan also includes:
Decide which metric to use for conversions. The class reviews metric units for measurement and organizes them within categories. Using their knowledge of relative sizes of the units, pupils practice converting units of measurement in the fourth lesson plan of an NCTM unit of seven.
- Develop a table to show the relationship between the levels of metric units
- Class members should be comfortable multiplying and dividing by powers of 10
- Assumes individuals know basic metric measurement units
- Includes sample responses
- Provides teacher lesson reflection questions