Require your class members to view documentaries and comment on various elements of the films. In order to elicit their thoughts, assign a instructional activity with space for individuals to predict concepts that the film will feature, note specific details about the film type and elements, and comment on the film and its message. Class members can jot down their thoughts and observations and share their work the following day.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Covers a lot of topics and asks pupils to think critically about their film of choice
- Analysis could easily lead into a larger discussion of documentary as a genre or a project
- You might want to play with the formatting, since there are some areas that have too much space, and others that have too little
- You will need to help your class members select films to analyze; there are no suggestions