This Doggie Data: It's a Dog's Life lesson plan also includes:
Develop a straight interpretation with the aid of technology. Using real-world data, pupils construct a scatter plot and find a best fit line with the assistance of technology. Learners interpret the slope and the y-intercept within the context of the data.
- Have the class find data and sort based upon whether the y-intercept makes sense
- Individuals need to know how to create scatter plots and write linear equations
- Class members need access to computers with spreadsheets
- Includes information on how to create a scatter plot and linear regression in spreadsheets
- Contains questions to use to guide the discussion