This Domain lesson plan also includes:
Can you pay your limo driver negative money? Mathematical models have a specific domain related to their context. The activity invites learners to determine the appropriate domain for different situations. Scholars understand that negative time and money are not reasonable results.
- Include range in the discussion of domain; ask groups to find the range in addition to domain in each scenario
- Requires graphing calculators, graph paper, and poster paper
- Differentiate by assigning the complex situations to more capable groups
- Chosen models represent a variety of function types, including linear, exponential, and piecewise-defined functions
- Provides teacher guidance for implementing the activity and supplementing practice
- Does not include a student activity handout