This Domain Representations lesson plan also includes:
Perform main investigations of functions across the real numbers. Using a graphing calculator, pupils create graphs of functions and view their tabular information. With the aid of the graphs and the tables, learners determine the domains of the various functions and describe the domains both verbally and with symbols.
- Review expressing intervals using symbolic notation
- Individuals should be comfortable using graphing calculators to view graphs and tables of values
- The class should be familiar with graphing on a number line
- Contains suggestions for extensions such as journal prompts
- Provides reflection questions for the class to assess understanding