Not explaining reasoning falls short of perfect. The article covers problem number four on the 2005 AP® Calculus BC exam. Using a similar problem, the author discusses the Euler Method procedure to answer the question. With the discussion, the writer highlights the explanation of the method, which resulted in a small percentage of perfect scores on the item in 2005.
- Use the techniques presented in the article as methods for solving problems
- Have students solve the problem and then discuss the different methods as a class
- Pupils should have knowledge of solving differential equations
- Provides graphics to illustrate the concept
- Includes different methods to approach the problem