Ka-Boom goes the land mine! Scholars practice responsibility with a game that takes them through a play zone riddled with obstacles. Pairs work together to cross the field, guiding one another without hitting a land mine.
60 Views 55 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Teach directionality; direct scholars to use terms such as left, right, or straight
- If class members do not know direction words, encourage them to point the way to safety
- Create arrow signs pupils can use to show their partner how to make their way through the land mines
- The resource is the fourth in a series of seven lessons promoting active citizenship
- Create a play zone appropriate for the age group you teach; younger pupils may not take direction as easily as older learners
- Promotes physical participation and trust amongst class members