This Drops in a Bucket activity & project also includes:
Solving this problem is no drop in the bucket. Given information on the amount of rainwater in a bucket at various times, learners figure out what time it started raining. They apply proportional and linear reasoning to determine their answers.
- Have the class perform an experiment testing the situation
- Resource suggests providing graph paper, counters, markers, algebra tiles, calculators, manipulatives, etc.
- Pupils should have familiarity with proportional relationships
- Lists some follow-up discussion questions to use in class
- Provides solutions to the task
- Task includes only one problem