This Drumline video also includes:
Does teamwork really make the dream work? And, where is the line between peer pressure and bullying? Social scholars view a clip from the movie Drumline as a part of the seventh lesson in a series of anti-bullying activities. After gaining insight into the concepts of teamwork and accountability, groups discuss peer pressure situations in terms of good and bad.
- Take a tip from the Moving to Action tab and assign a project that cannot be completed without everyone's contribution
- Invite pupils that participate in band, choir, sports, or other group activities to share their experiences with teamwork
- Ask your class about their experiences with group projects prior to beginning; this discussion will help them begin to make the connections between teamwork and achievement
- The resource helps students understand that not all social pressures have bad outcomes—and that some are necessary
- Although written as a complete lesson, the activity lends itself to a variety of extensions