Get your class writing with a large collection of writing prompts. The prompts are organized by grade and type. So if, for example, you were looking for a fourth grade expository writing prompt, you could scroll through the document to the fourth grade section and find just what you're looking for!
- Choose some more basic prompts from the list to act as starters or journal topics; you could even pick a topic from a younger grade and assign it to your older students to ease into journaling
- Use these as inspiration when planning a narrative, expository, or persuasive writing unit
- When writing, lead your class through the writing process by providing graphic organizers and additional supports
- While these are mostly narrative and expository writing prompts, persuasive prompts start to show up around the fourth grade and are emphasized much more fully in the fifth grade selection
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The document is well organized
- Plenty of prompts are included for each grade first through fifth, and the number of prompts per grade gradually increase