This Elements Compounds Mixtures HD app also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here is an easy-to-use tool for deepening young chemists' understanding of elements, mixtures, and compounds. With colorful graphics, informative text, a photo gallery, and collection of short films, children of several learning styles will deepen their understanding of matter.
From the main screen, choose Elements, Compounds, or Mixtures. Within any of these choices, select:
- Read and Learn: Informational text with the option to have it read out loud to the user
- Touch and Learn: Captioned graphics and photos that can be tapped for more information
- See and Learn: More captioned graphics and images
- Watch and Learn: A collection of related video clips
- Quiz and Learn: Bloom's Taxonomy leveled multiple choice questions
Across the bottom of the home screen is a tappable bar that introduces the subject. At the top are buttons for turning background music on or off and for information about the application.
Other basic chemistry apps do the same thing at no cost
Content and activities are dry
How techie do I need to be?
Rather than give this to your class to play with, you can incorporate the images or videos into your lesson on any of the three matter-related subjects. Use the Quiz and Learn section as a class review to assess understanding.
If your young chemists speak English as a second language, allow them to spend time in the Read and Learn sections with the narration on to familiarize them with the terminology.
If you prefer to have this application on a mobile device as a learning center, you may want to create a worksheet to guide users. They may lose interest quickly otherwise.
- Variety of media reaches more than one type of learner
- Simple and direct delivery of content
- Not particularly engaging