"Queen Elizabeth I was a rainbow of characteristics." Offer learners a glimpse into the personality and reign of Queen Elizabeth I with this brief video, which includes such events as the defeat of the Spanish armada and the establishment of the English Protestant church.
- This resource would serve as an excellent introduction into the Elizabethan era, particularly if you are studying the religious conflict of the period
- Delve deeper into Elizabeth's reign by studying English drama or her significance as a female monarch
- Queue video to skip initial third-party advertisement
- Learners should have an understanding of the significance of religion in European society in the sixteenth century, and particularly the difference between Protestantism and Catholicism, prior to beginning this video
- Includes variety of interview excerpts regarding Queen Elizabeth, as well as images of primary source documents
- Brief, engaging resource