Learners read phrases and determine how to punctuate each one in a learning exercise that uses dialogue from The Train to Oxford by Scott Thornbury. They then read another set of phrases and shorten them as much as possible without making the phrase too difficult to interpret.
- Model how to complete the worksheet
- Best used during a reading of The Train to Oxford by Scott Thornbury
- Directions are unclear; be sure all readers thoroughly understand what is expected of them for the task
- Resource downloads as an editable document and offers quick practice for ellipses
- The worksheet does not offer clear instructions or an answer key