This Excerpt from Pride and Prejudice worksheet also includes:
A passage from Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice provides readers with an opportunity to tackle challenging text. After completing the excerpt, individuals use evidence from the story to respond to text-based questions and to prepare for a small-group or whole-class discussion of issues of prejudice.
- Include the resource in a unit study of Austin's novel, of prejudice, or as a reading comprehension exercise
- Although footnotes provide definitions and needed background information, some readers will need extra support with the excerpt
- A link to resources with related themes is provided below
- Included in the resource is an annotated list of text that may be paired with the reading from Pride and Prejudice
- Also included are text-based and theme-based discussion questions