Have learners think about the way they solve problems with a self-assessment rubric. With sections for communication, connections, reasoning and proof, problem solving, and representation, kids can rank themselves from level novice to level expert.
- Use in an assessment for incoming learners
- Have an aide or specialist administer a test in a math center, using the rubric as a guide
- Distribute the rubric to learners, prompting them to write a short reflection based on their self-assessment after a math assignment
- Laminate for use with small math groups
- Designed to print in color, but should turn out fine in black and white
- Uses language that learners of all levels can understand
- Helps kids to think critically about the way they complete math problems