This Exit Ticket 6.G.1 assessment also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Monitor young mathematicians' spacial thinking skills with this formative assessment on composing and decomposing shapes. To start, learners must draw lines that break shapes into rectangles and triangles before drawing their own shape that meets a given set of requirements. In the end, pupils extend their understanding of composite shapes to explain the formula for finding the area of a right triangle.
- Implement this assessment following a lesson on composing and decomposing two-dimensional shapes
- Use this assessment to check students' understanding of the formula for finding the area of a triangle
- Support children with drawing shapes by providing them with rulers to use on this exercise
- Resource is available as a Word document that allows teachers modify the assessment
- Questions are clearly written and easy to understand