This Exit Ticket 6.G.1 Item 3 assessment also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Challenge young mathematicians' ability to compose and decompose shapes with this open-ended geometry problem. Given that a polygon has a certain area and is made up of two different rectangles, students must draw and label the dimensions of a shape meeting the criteria.
- Use this exit ticket during a lesson series on calculating the area of composite shapes
- Differentiate the assessment by changing the criteria to meet the varying abilities of students
- Provide students with rulers to assist them in accurately drawing their shapes
- Exit ticket is available as a Word document that can be edited and revised by teachers
- Resource is formatted to include two exit tickets on a single page