This Exploring Congruence Using Transformations lesson plan also includes:
Prove it—triangles aren't congruent unless you prove them to be congruent. High school mathematicians learn to prove triangle congruence by using transformations. They see how rigid motions result in congruent sides and angles.
4 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Challenge individuals to use different methods (compass and straightedge, patty paper, etc.) to prove congruence
- Learners should be able to perform transformations
- Pupils must understand congruence in terms of rigid motions
- Highlights some opportunities to provide feedback to pupils
- Includes a very detailed instructional guide