This Exploring Diagonals and the Pythagorean Theorem—Corner to Corner lesson plan also includes:
Pythagoras sure was a smart man. Learners explore diagonals of rectangles by measuring a few of them with a ruler in the second and final installment of a two-part series. Based on the results, they try to come up with a relationship between the diagonals and the side lengths of a rectangle. Correct answer: The Pythagorean Theorem.
- Review square roots before the activity
- Pupils should have familiarity with squares and square roots
- Builds on knowledge from the previous lesson
- Provides some activity sheets for the lesson
- Gives detailed instructions for each part of the activity