This Exploring Energy Resource Concepts activity & project also includes:
Please turn off the lights to conserve energy. Or not, after all energy is always conserved. This first lesson in an eight-part series includes three parts. Part A contains one hands-on activity and two inquiry-based experiments on heat transfer. Parts B and C include graphing and applying knowledge.
- Research perpetual motion machines and their designs
- Assign groups before beginning the lesson rather than letting students choose during the lesson
- Pupils may need help designing their own experiments if they have not previously completed a guided inquiry experiment
- Includes vocabulary and an assessment
- Extension ideas are provided
- Document permissions do not allow for printing