This Exploring Homophones activity & project also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
What do homophones and levers have in common? They're part of a design challenge that asks primary graders to create a display that connects two homophones and has at least one part that is moved by a lever. A knight that raises his sword at night, perhaps? A must-have for your curriculum library.
- Introduce the activity with Harriet Ziefert's Night Knight
- Save examples from year to year to serve as models
- The format of the project models standard design challenge procedures
- Includes portfolio directions, graphic organizers, a self-evaluation, and a rubric