This Exploring The American Dream lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
What is the American Dream and how is it achieved? This lesson focuses in particular on the rise of the American Dream during the 1950s and includes a variety of primary sources for class members to interact with as they explore this idea and prepare for a Socratic seminar and a quick essay response.
- Materials, including links to videos and a PowerPoint, as well as copies of primary sources, sample essays, rubrics, and graphic organizers, are provided
- Well-sequenced plan that builds up logically to the writing assignment
- No instruction on how to conduct a Socratic seminar
- Worksheets might need reformatting so that pupils have enough space for brainstorming and note-taking