This Express Whole Numbers in Expanded Form activities & project also includes:
Expand young mathematicians' understanding of place value with this series of math activities. Focusing on making connections between standard and expanded notation, this resource offers an interactive website, a place value dice game, and a number making activity that can be used to enhance a lesson series on place value.
- Offer these activities as learning centers during math rotations
- Perform the activities as a whole class, allowing students to work independently or in pairs to complete the given tasks
- Hands-on activities engage children in developing their understanding of place value
- Activities can be easily adapted to meet the specific needs of individual students
- One activity requires class sets of place value dice, which may need to be purchased