In general, Spanish speakers use the imperfect to express things in the past that continued over a period of time. Class members can read a brief paragraph about this topic and check out the verb endings before completing the fill-in-the-blank exercise. All the verbs related to feelings, desires, or attitudes. Class members can complete this as a warm-up exercise or a homework assignment.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes information and an exercise so that students completing the work at home have the tools to complete the sentences
- Focuses on a single situation in which the imperfect is used
- Answer key is not provided
- The language of the explanation is somewhat complex and more appropriate for older learners