This Expressions with Zero and Negative Exponents lesson plan also includes:
Be a hero—not a zero! Challenge scholars to look for patterns to develop properties of zero and negative exponents. Through exploration, individuals find patterns and apply them to expressions with zero and negative exponents.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have pupils create a foldable or graphic organizer to record notes on the different exponent properties
- After the warm-up activity, have pupils share their discoveries with a partner
- Expects pupils have experience with multiplication and division properties of exponents
- Provides both an opening and closing exercise
- Enables learners to develop the properties on their own through structured discovery