This Extending to Symbols lesson plan also includes:
Build a solid understanding of equivalence before introducing equations. An interactive lesson helps learners explore the concept of equivalent expressions. They use an applet to write and make conclusions about expressions.
12 Views 15 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- After the activity, have pupils sort a selection of equivalent and nonequivalent expressions to check for understanding
- Requires laptops with Internet access
- Expects previous experience with expressions
- Provides discussion questions
- Gives pupils a concrete reference for an abstract concept