Face jugs have been crafted by pre-Columbian artists, Native Americans, and by black slave potters. Young artists wedge, coil, blend, score, slip and glaze their own jug, fired by their imagination.
6 Views 2 Downloads
- Demo the process or save jugs from previous years in various stages of completion
- Appropriate for a ceramics unit or for a ceramics classes
- The activity requires a kiln to fire the jugs
- Resource presumes class members have previously studied the anatomy of the face
- The resource includes an overview and background information about face jugs, links to images, and step-by-step directions