This Factoring Fanatic lesson plan also includes:
Put an end to struggling with factoring trinomials. The lesson presents another way at looking at factoring trinomials. Pupils study a 2 x 2 square with numbers arranged in it to determine a pattern. Using the pattern they discover, learners use the square to find the factors of trinomials. The teacher provides guidance on how to deal with trinomials that have a leading coefficient other than one.
- Have the class participate in fluency competitions using white boards
- Individuals should be familiar with multiplying binomials
- Class members should be able to recognize common factors
- Provides two sets of independent practice problems that increase in difficulty
- Contains a PowerPoint and handouts to guide the instruction