This Factors, Prime Numbers & Composite Numbers presentation also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Integrate technology into your teaching of prime and composite numbers with this instructional PowerPoint presentation. Starting with clear definitions and examples of these two types of numbers, the slide show goes on to demonstrate two different approaches to finding the prime factorization of a composite number.
- Use this presentation to begin an upper elementary math lesson series on prime and composite numbers
- Break up this resource over the course of a couple days, starting with an introduction to prime and composite numbers before teaching about prime factorization
- Stop at different points during the presentation, allowing students to offer their own ideas, ask questions, and solve the included practice problems
- Resource is a downloadable PowerPoint file that can be modified to meet the needs of specific classes
- Offers problems that allow children the opportunity to practice applying the concepts