Young learners skip their way to a deeper number sense with this fun fall-themed math lesson plan. Starting with a couple of whole group activities introducing skipping counting by twos and fives, children practice these fundamental skills by placing numbers on a number line and completing the included worksheet.
- Use the printable materials to create a math learning center in the primary grades
- Create laminated copies of the printable materials to use with you class year after year
- Ask for help from parent volunteers, a classroom aide, or older students with copying and preparing the materials for this lesson
- Includes printable number lines and number cards that students use to practice skip counting
- Worksheet helps students make the connection between skip counting and addition
- Offers suggestions for adapting this lesson for older or more advanced learners