This Falling Down a Rabbit Hole Can Lead to a King-sized Experience - Exploring Similar Figures Using Proportions lesson plan also includes:
Just a sip will make things smaller. Using Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland as a hook, the lesson introduces the idea of similarity. Pupils use it to find the distances on a map by applying the scale factor and creating similar triangles.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Using information given, find the scale factors of the changes Alice undergoes
- The web links require either Java or Flash
- Individuals should be familiar with working with proportions
- Provides tools to review proportions if needed
- Includes a link to an online version of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland