This Feeling On Display lesson plan also includes:
Many teen girls and boys experience great pressure to keep up online appearances. Work together as a class to consider the effect of photos on social networking sites, and invite your learners to reflect on such important concepts as double standards and judgment.
- Connect resource to lesson on gender roles in society or the impact of 21st century technology
- Keep parents informed of your discussion by posting the Family Tip Sheet on your class website or e-mailing the document
- Follow up the lesson with an assignment to write a reflective journal entry or for each learner to identify a positive personal action they can take regarding social media
- A well-produced and powerful video
- Great questions included to support instructor in guiding the conversation