Cards featuring the figurative language terms simile, idiom, personification, hyperbole, metaphor, and onomatopoeia are illustrated with humorous photos or illustrations and a sample sentence.
66 Views 68 Downloads
- Print, clip, and laminate the cards for continued use
- Provide one card each to class groups, ask members to determine the definition of their term, to create additional illustrated examples, and to post these illustrations about the room
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The humorous illustrations are sure to engage learners and they give clues to the term's meaning
- No definitions are included for the terms; however, the illustrations provide clues to the meaning