This Fill 'er Up lesson plan also includes:
Prisms pack a lot of learning into a small package! Investigate the equation for finding the volume of a rectangular prism using online resources, hands-on folding, and discussion. Geometry scholars work individually and in pairs to model and infer how to determine volume in 3-D shapes.
- Make a few models in advance or demonstrate how it is done before pupils begin
- Keep and display good student work after the class completes their origami
- Schedule time in the computer lab for individuals to use the interactive
- Assign partners for the second part of the activity
- The resource has a little something for everyone, from physical paper folding to tech
- Well-written discussion questions help you dig in to the class' level of comprehension