This Find it with GPS! lesson plan also includes:
What can GPS help us do? Teams explore how GPS works through an interactive website. Resource pages provide information about current uses. The teams then brainstorm new applications for GPS. Teams finish the instructional activity by presenting their best application ideas to the class.
- Have teams research how people currently use GPS prior to brainstorming new uses
- Instruct pupils to use a GPS-enabled system to find the distance between their houses and the school
- If unable to access the Internet, you can download the PBS activity for offline use
- Includes presentation evaluation questions that pupils use to review their classmates
- Aligned to National Science Education Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Standards for Technological Literacy
- The mathematical calculation on page 5 is incorrect