This Find Missing Elements in Growing Patterns video also includes:
Combine prior learning about function rules and shape patterns in the third video of this nine-part series. Given a sequence of numbers, tables are used to identify and extend patterns in order to determine specific missing elements. Includes multiple approaches to finding patterns involving addition, multiplication, and a combination of multiplication and subtraction. A resource that will deepen your students' ability to identify and understand number patterns.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Makes the connection between addition and multiplication when finding patterns
- Uses a number line to visually demonstrate multiple rules for a given number sequence
- Includes a guided practice problem that supports learning objectives
- Understanding multiple approaches to finding missing elements requires a strong number sense