This Find Scale Factor Using Division video also includes:
A scale factor can make big objects small and small objects big. To use scale factors correctly, your learners must understand they derive from the constant of proportionality. Use this video to show the relationship between those two terms and why they represent the same value. It also demonstrates why division is needed to calculate the scale factor of two models. Video is first in a five-part series about scale factors.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Introduces scale vocabulary such as constant of proportionality
- Use notes template provided as graphic organizer
- Only shows one example, no extra practice
- Does not emphasize that the new length should be numerator and old length is denominator to find scale factor
- Lengthy explanations