This Find the Area of a Polygon Using Multiplication video also includes:
Use prior experience with the array model of multiplication to teach young mathematicians how to find the area of rectangles in the first video of this four-part series. Multiple examples are presented that clearly demonstrate this process using visual models. A separate Guided Practice video offers an opportunity for young learners to demonstrate their understanding. Implement this resource to supplement whole-group instruction or assign as an independent learning activity to complement a lesson on area.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Lesson begins by reviewing the definition of area and the array model of multiplication
- Explains a common mistake for learners to avoid when finding the area of a polygon
- Video is available as a slide show presentation
- Additional practice problems are needed to support children with acquiring this new math skill
- Assumes an understanding that area is measured with square units