This Find the Missing Inputs for a Function Machine Using a Vertical Table video also includes:
Given the rule and output values for a function machine, teach your class how to work backward to determine the inputs. The final video of this nine-part series uses tables to organize the inputs, outputs, and rule of a function, and then calculates missing input values using the inverse operation. Use this an an opportunity to reinforce understanding of multiplication and division fact families. A great resource for introducing your class to solving one-step algebraic equations.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Coach's Commentary offers extension ideas to further develop the content of this lesson
- Provides an opportunity for students to practice working backward to problem solve
- The use of tables clearly demonstrates the relationship betweeen the input and output values of a function
- Only provides a brief explanation of inverse operations, requiring the teacher to supplement more detailed instruction